Our Defensive Knife curriculum was developed to provide a simple and intuitive training program that will quickly make the student more efficient in deploying and using a knife in a modern defensive context. The program does not focus on tactics alone but aims to develop the proper mindset to empower the student to manage fear and apply the skills learned in the event of a lethal threat.
The SFKD 2 days course covers:
- Training in Context/Plausibility Principle.
- The law about knife carry and use in self defense
- The body’s natural survival reactions to danger
- Body mechanics
- How to Grip the Knife
- Deploying the knife: the Draw
- Three Main Tactics: Stab, Slash, Strike
- Balance and efficient transfer of power to target
- Three main factors in Knife Defense
- Tactical Anatomy
- Targeting Strategy
- Closest Weapon-Closest Target concept
- Fear Management Tools
- Mindset Development
- Dynamic skills development for plausible contexts
- Intro to multiple assailants dewfense
- Intro to ground defense with a knife
- Evaluation of the ability to apply the skills learned through Force on Force scenarios
There are no reviews yet.