This course is designed for the LEO or civilian CCW holder who carries a knife as well as a handgun.
Safer Faster Knife Defense (SFKD) is a unique knife training program that teaches simple, intuitive tactics that can be applied in the widest variety of plausible scenarios.
Here are the most plausible scenarios where using a knife is justified in the context of LEO/ CCW :
- To defend against an “in holster” weapon grab.
- To defend against a weapon grab while in the ready position or at extension.
- To defend if he/she cannot access the sidearm (for instance, by being pinned against a car or a wall, or on the ground on their strong side.)
- To defend against “The Mount” position (on the ground).
- These scenarios might develop against one assailant or multiples, while standing or on the ground.
Take all of those plausible cases and their variations and it becomes plain to see how things can get complex and even complicated very quickly!
It’s important, then, to have a training system that remains consistent across all these variables in order to deal more efficiently with the increasingly complicated scenarios.
This principle is at the core of SFKD: the same skills and tactics that we use to defend against one assailant while standing can be applicable and easily adaptable to multiple assailants, on the ground, or any combination of the two.
This allows novice students to develop essential skills quickly while helping the more experienced students to streamline their defensive skill-set to the essential.